Save on Gifts for Dad!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wednesday's All You Grocery Challenge Results, and MORE!

Okay, so yesterday, I ended up spending $8.51 of my $25.00 weekly allowance. $7.52 as mentioned in yesterday's blog entry, plus an additional $0.99 for my weekly post-weigh-in bag of Doritos. As far as the weigh-in, I stayed the same as last week. Considering the heat, humidity and that slice of pepperoni pizza I had for lunch, I'm very happy with that!

Today's spend was $2.49 on a 3-bag box of Orville Redenbacher's 94% Fat Free Butter popcorn. It was originally $3.99, but I had a $1.50/1 Walgreens Register Rewards coupon, courtesy of a previous popcorn shopping trip. The cost per serving is $0.83, but I know I'll definitely eat all three bags between tonight and Saturday night. So, my total spent to-date is $11.00. This leaves me $14.00 to spend between tonight and Saturday night. WOOHOO!!! Time for a party, LOL!!!

On another note, those new to this blog will see that I've added some new features, including a coupon survey! I'm considering adding more coupon links and blog entries, but before I do, I want to make sure that the information will be useful to my readers. Most important is the question about internet coupons. My primary supermarket will not accept them (as I found out last year the hard way), but I found out this afternoon that I can use them in my local Walgreens (at least I was able to use one today). I never knew this, because in the past, I don't think they accepted them. Then again, maybe they just like me because I'm in there almost every day. I am the Mayor of my local Walgreens on FourSquare - that should tell you something about the exciting life I lead! The coupon survey (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DMSNFPF) ends on July 31st, so be sure to vote!

The other new item on my blog is the "Carol's Shared Items" section, which lists the five most recent items I've shared on Google Reader, which I'm still learning how to use. I subscribe to feeds from several coupon and freebie sites, and when I find an item that I think is worth passing along, I'll share it there. Once the coupon survey is complete, I'll post another survey on freebies in August.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com