Save on Gifts for Dad!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's HERE!!! The All You Magazine Grocery Challenge!!!


Today is Day 1 of the All You Magazine Grocery Challenge. The goal of the challenge is to feed your family healthy meals for $25.00 per person, per week for a month. Since my household currently consists of one person and two felines, that translates into a $25.00/week food budget for myself.

One great thing is that using previously stockpiled food counts as $0.00 for any stockpiled item, and I have a nice little stockpile going right now! As a means of documenting my stockpile, I've uploaded photos of it to an online photo album both on Picasa and on facebook.

I think I'm going to do things a little differently this year, as far as keeping track of my meals and costs per serving. Since I really need to do this anyway, I'm going to track my meals in my Weight Watchers Online POINTS Tracker. As far as recording my purchases and receipts, I haven't yet decided if I'm going to do this using Google Docs and blog entries, or a combination of Google Docs, blog entries and Evernote (or some other online organizational tool). It may be trial and error the first week, until I find the combination that's easiest to update and maintain regularly.

So far, everything today has been from the stockpile, and I have no plans to go outside in this heat. So, my total cost for today is looking like $0.00!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com