Save on Gifts for Dad!

Friday, July 2, 2010

All You Grocery Challenge Week 2 Results So Far

Breakfast most of this week has pretty much been stockpiled coffee with cereal or oatmeal, and stockpiled soy milk or yogurt, with the exception of one day, when I had eggs purchased for less than $0.25/dozen, thanks to my Walgreens score.

Lunch has also been from the stockpile most days this week, with the exception of Wednesday's pepperoni pizza.

I had to re-stock my microwave popcorn supply and a few other items, but my spending is still within the $25.00/week limit:

  • $5.98 on Sunday for 2 packages of Boca Chick-n Patties, which were on sale for only $2.99 each. These usually run anywhere from $3.99-$4.99/box, so I jumped on these!
  • $0.70 at Walgreens for popcorn, a dozen eggs and a 2 liter bottle of Diet Pepsi (less than $0.24 each item, making my eggs cost less than $0.02/each) thanks to a $5.00 register reward from the purchase of another, non-food item earlier the week before.
  • $0.49 at Walgreens for grated cheese, thanks to a second $5.00 register reward from the purchase of another, non-food item earlier the week before.
  • $8.49 on Wednesday, which is my day in the New York office: $2.00 for my morning 20 oz. hazelnut coffee, $3.50 for my lunchtime pizza, $2.00 for my afternoon coffee and $0.99 for my weekly post-weigh-in Doritos fix.
  • $1.99 on Thursday in Walgreens for a 3-pack of microwave popcorn.

Total as of 6pm on Friday: $17.63

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com